Link to Opening
Administrator will prepare, compute and process payroll for AmeriServ Financial and all subsidiaries ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately and is in compliance with government regulations. Provides assistance with retirement and benefit functions where assigned. A high level of attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality are essential for this position.
1. Prepare and make all entries for semi-monthly payrolls, which includes processing all entries
for commissions and incentives, and calculating and importing adjustments.
2. Provide payroll reports and various support to organization as needed.
3. Balance payroll and create balance sheets. Ensure Company GL’s are accurate before downloading, processing and submitting to Data Services. Resolve any GL problems that may occur, balance reverse wire request to taxing reports and approve wire. Compile reports and verify to checks for internal employee deductions (i.e. stock, special earnings, healthcare PAC and group life) and process other employee deductions such as United Way, union dues, miscellaneous deductions.
4. Ensure files for employee deposits are accurate before downloading, processing and submitting to the AmeriServ Business Banking portal.
5. Create, process and submit files for IRA to Deposit Services and Health Savings Account to third party provider.
6. Verify all federal and state tax filing reports are received.
7. Execute year end processing activities including creating payroll schedules, and other schedules as required. Prepare reports and annually verify W-2 information is accurate, balanced and distribute to all employees.
8. Accurately compute, enter, import, and verify annual employee increases.
9. Prepare system reports of Company data such as retirement reports as requested.
10. Calculate and process the Union invoice as required.
11. Prepare and submit the EEO-1, VETS-4212 and quarterly BLS reports.
12. Keep updated and trained on all payroll software changes. Set-up new companies, departments and
states in system as required.
13. Update and maintain HR core payroll system as assigned.
14. Initiates pension and retirement paperwork processing to include benefit calculations, tracking
and payment of third party invoices as assigned.
15. Provides backup service to the Benefits Specialist in benefit enrollments processing, and payment of invoices as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position requires no supervision of employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is frequently required to: 1) Type or otherwise work with fingers; 2) Talk expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers or clients accurately, loudly, or quickly; 3) Hearing – perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with/without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make the discriminations in sound. 4) Specific vision abilities required by this job include viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading.
Sedentary work may require occasionally lifting of up to 10 pounds and/or move up to 25 pounds. This work involves sitting most of the time with walking and sitting.
Occasional travel may be required (could include overnight stays).
Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Strong Computer Skills (Word, Access & Excel)
3. Interpersonal Skills
4. Customer/Client Focus
5. Deadline Oriented
6. Organizational Skills
7. Analytical Skills
8. Confidentiality & Ethical Conduct
REQUIRED/ PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Finance or Accounting with a minimum of two (2) years of experience, or Associate Degree and three (3) years of payroll experience required. Must be proficient in payroll and benefit regulations. Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Word, Access, and Excel, utilizing an automated payroll system, previous payroll experience and effective organization, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Bachelors or better.
2 years: Payroll.
Learning Lamp: Talent Acquisition Specialist and Assistant
Talent Acquisition Specialist – The Learning Lamp and Ignite Education Solutions is looking for a FULL TIME Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human
Resources Department. This is a responsible position overseeing the recruitment and selection process for 300+ hires on an annual basis. Responsibilities
include managing our Applicant Tracking System, interviewing, selecting hires and more.
An associate’s degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field and previous recruiting/sales experience is highly preferred. Successful candidate
will be a self-starter willing to come up with creative ideas to fill positions and have excellent communication skills.
Pay Rate: $12-14/hour
If you believe in making a difference in the lives of children in our community, this is the place for you! The Learning Lamp offers an inviting, fun culture that is geared toward continual growth and professional development with advancement opportunities. Benefits include a flexible work schedule, a robust PTO policy, health care, short and long term disability, child care discounts, a retirement savings plan and more! Submit a resume today to become part of our fantastic team and gain valuable career experience! EOE
Talent Acquisition Assistant
The Learning Lamp is a mission driven organization with a focus on employee advancement. We are lighting the way to a brighter future for the children in
our communities. Join us today to make an impact!
The Learning Lamp is looking for a part time Talent Acquisition Assistant to work at our main office location in Johnstown, PA. The Talent Acquisition Assistant will help with the applicant tracking system, scheduling interviews, conducting interviews, making offers, scheduling of hiring events, building a school year recruiting schedule, reference checking, fliers and much more!
Successful candidates will have at least an Associate’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing
or other related field. Candidate must obtain three clearances, physical and mandated reporter training for this position.
Pay Ranges: $10.00-12.00/hour
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Apply Now–We’d love to meet you!